Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Well There's Your Problem!

Tonight I was lucky enough to catch Say Anything on tv. If there's a better romantic hero than John Cusack, I don't know who it is. And I know there's no better romantic quote than this:

"What I really want to do with my life - what I want to do for a living - is I want to be with your daughter. I'm good at it. "

And with that, I started thinking of how many love movies I've seen that have really ruined real life for me and countless other women. For example:

"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it."

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you"

"If I should die this very moment, I wouldn't fear. For I've never known completeness like being here, wrapped in the warmth of you, loving every breath of you. Why live life from dream to dream?"

"It's only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are all I am. You are all my reasons."

And the all time killer:

"My angel, my all, my other self,
Why this deep sorrow where necessity speaks - can our love endure except through sacrifices, through not demanding everything from one another; can you change the fact that you are not wholly mine, I not wholly thine? My heart is full of many things to say to you - Ah! -- there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all -- cheer up -- remain my true, only treasure, my all as I am yours; the gods must send us the rest: that which shall be best for us. Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us -I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. ever thine ever mine ever ours."

Bonus! First to identify them all can be my valentine.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kav said...

i take it this competition isn't that vast judging by your readership
i know dracula and beautiful mind..i googled city of angels, moulin rouge and beethoven's letter
you never said i couldn't cheat
i win...eat it joe!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Awesome, I expect roses and something shiny for my fingers. Tinfoil will not suffice.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kav said...

how bout an ovaltine decoder ring

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

No, fucker, I want diamonds. Lab created is ok though.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kav said...

i saw a "diamond" ring at walmart for 12 bucks...its too good a deal to pass up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home