Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Spotted at the SuperCuts

The boy was getting pretty shaggy, and wanted to look like this:


So I took him to get it done.

While we were waiting, we sat down next to two boys in their early teens, maybe 14. They were fun to listen to, talking about this and that girl, who had the worst haircut, what they would do to their hair if they could, all sorts of important boy stuff. Very cute and fun to listen to. The subject briefly turned to Clay Aiken and his sexuality, Lance Bass and his coming out, and then one of them put on his headphones and started flipping through tracks on the cd player. When he found what he wanted he sat back in his seat, contentedly staring at the ceiling. I could hear the tinny music coming out of his headphones ... that can't be right? No.... nooooooo way... holy shit. IT IS!!

"Whoooooooooooooooa I wanna dance with somebody! I wanna feel the HEAT with somebody. Yeah I wanna dance with somebody, with somebody who loves me".

Wow.

Next, one of the ladies getting a trim was done and came over to pay. She had been droning on in the background the whole time, but now I started listening. In a horrid, nasal, monotone, she was going on about her photography as she paid. She took her money out of a tote with Lady and the Tramp airbrushed onto the side, telling the poor guy over and over that her photography was really improving. She continued to talk all the way out her door, with me, my son, the two boys and the hairdresser staring after her, mouths agape.

She was barely out the door, when a boy in his late teens wearing his pants around his knees and a cocked visor came out of the Subway next door, yelling behind him, "don't ruin my night then, you stupid bitch". A young girl came storming out after him screaming. As he turned back towards her the boys next to me started yelling for someone to shut the propped open door and the hair guy came sprinting over to close it.

I turned to the boys, who were looking at me sheepishly. One of them told me "I just didn't want to have to break that up, but I would if it got any worse". Somewhat against my will, a wave of maternal instinct washed over me and I smiled at them and told them it would be better if they stayed inside. By this time though, the loving couple outside had made up and were walking back into Subway with their arms around each other.

Next came in an oversized yet still good looking hispanic man. Goodlooking except for the quarter sized patch of straggly, inch long, sparse hairs sprouting from his chin. And his wife, butt ugly but with probably the prettiest hair I've ever seen, thick and shiny and curly. She began speaking in his general direction and his eyes glazed over in a way that spoke volumes about the years and comfort they had between them.

Now it was Robb's turn to get cut, and as I got up to go, the boys told me in unison, "have a nice night ma'am". I really wanted to hate them for that, but I couldn't. Who ever said the younger generations are going to shit? I don't believe it.

A swank new haircut and some awesome people watching? It was a great night.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Chimpotle said...

My main memories of being taken to SuperCuts as a child revolve around the way the women cutting your hair would rub their snatch into your elbow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home