Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Language of Mommy

If I came up to you and said, "Hey, remember that movie from your friend that we really liked with that lady on a train and there was a mean dog and she used to be in the middle of that gameshow with two guys?" I bet you would not remember that movie.

But that's exactly what my son said to me tonight. Because I know my son, and I know how he thinks, I was able to have the following thought process occur:

Gameshow? Two guys? Lady in the middle? Ah, Whoopie Goldberg on Hollywood Squares. Hmmm... movie from a friend? Ah, Oscar gave me Neverwhere and Whoopie isn't in it but that lady does look like her and there's no train but they do go in a subway car, and there's no mean dog but there is a charging bull.

I said "Neverwhere?" and he nodded, satisfied, and went to finish brushing his teeth.

Sometimes little things remind me that (for now, at least) nobody knows my baby like I do, that that I'm not always half bad at this mothering business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home