Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

C'est La Vie

(C'est la vie)... that's just the way it goes. (that's right). Thanks, 80's guy.

I went to lunch with John yesterday, and he said thanks, but no thanks. It went really well, and he seemed genuinely sorry to see me go, but he said he just didn't think it would work out that way. Fair enough, at least I tried. He offered to get in touch with a couple contacts for me, which I thought was very nice.

I also spoke to a placement agency, and she said they're just inundated with companies looking for accounting personell, so right now they're looking to be my best bet. I have an appointment to go up next Friday and take all sorts of tests and interview and stuff, so that they can start trying to place me.

I didn't post earlier today, because while I was getting ready for work this morning, I thought of something really profound that I wanted to post about. But by the time I got to work, I couldn't remember. I still don't, so I give up.

Instead, here's random news. I have a new penpal in England. I didn't write to him yet, because I thought I should get some nice letter stationary first. I'm very excited to get actual letters in my mailbox. That's the nicest feeling, to see it and get excited, then impatiently open it.

I'm also moving most of my stuff up this weekend, and I haven't packed hardly anything.

The web page for Robbie's new school has a notice up that there is "new science material" being proposed for the schools, and it is open to review. I strongly doubt that they go through this every time the choose a new textbook, which leaves me with a despairing suspicion that they might be dropping some intelligent design shit in there. I don't think I can get them to not introduce it, but I will not let my kid sit in on it. If they won't agree to send him to the library or something while that section is being taught, I will keep him home. If I wanted to teach him that, I'd send him to church.

I'm sorry for the lack of anything interesting, I'll try to do better tomorrow. I have a lot more free time now, school's done, and I'm not stressed about work anymore.

6 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kav said...

I'm sure you love anything stuffed in your mailbox...and by mailbox i mean your vagina

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Mel, as long as you'll send me letters you can be my penpal.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kav said...

I'm from England...send me a letter

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Send me your address.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from a state where people talk funny. What about me?

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

vintage ads old ads old magazine vintage ad
vintage ads [url=http://www.cigaretteadsontv.info ]old advertising [/url]old advertising
print ads print ads
vintage advertisements old ad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home