Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I Wish I Was a Johnny Depp Fucker

Anfer's post got me thinking. Well, it got me thinking about something I already thought about, anyway.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the summer of 2003, during which I dated a lot. In April 2003 I was dumped hardcore by Darin when he moved to LA after about 7 months of dating. I was a total wreck for a few months, and spent a lot of time alone. For the time between leaving Robb's dad and Darin (about 7 years) I absolutely couldn't stand to be in my house alone. But after we broke up, for the first time ever, when Robbie was at his dad's, I didn't go out boozing it up and picking up. I loved my Saturdays alone, and often would just turn the phone off, start drinking around 12, and just rattle around my house doing whatever.

In July or so, I started dating again (although, to be fair, I was only interested in making Darin realize he couldn't live without me). He visited in September, and finally got through to me that he was never going to want to be with me again. It was sort of like I got slapped awake, and my dating activities increased even more.

I wasn't sleeping around, but it was the "first date" rush that I was after. I was meeting a lot of people from friendster, and having a lot of what boiled down to blind dates. And it was always so fun, to spend the week or so while you were chatting, building up all sorts of fantasies, then finally planning to meet them. There was nothing better than the actual date night, when I would make a drink, put on music, and just take all the time in the world to get ready. Then I'd meet them, and with a couple notable exceptions (oh you know who you are...) be disappointed and move on.

I met Eli on match.com. My friend Gwen was on, and I was looking at boys for her to write when I saw his profile. He was oh-so-cute, and I paid for a membership just so I could write to him. We wrote for a week, talked on the phone once, then made plans for the next weekend. That was my best getting ready night ever. I was so excited, and I just knew this was going to be it. Turns out it was, but that's not my point.

My point is, I kinda miss dating. Eli says I can go on dates, I just can't sleep with them. I suppose it wouldn't be as fun though, because there would be no thoughts of "oh my gosh, could this be it?". Because I definitely don't want a new boyfriend. I just want to have date nights. Also, when we move in together in May, it might be a little weird when guys pick me up for dinner.

Me, I'm the opposite. I don't care if Eli sleeps with someone (as long as I know beforehand), but I don't want him dating and falling in love with someone else.

Anfer? Face? Any thoughts?

Edit about 6 hours later to pussy out and clarify that I DO NOT want anybody but Shmee. So in case you're reading this, don't hit me again, Daddy.

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

You betcha, just make sure to give my boy a reach around.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

I also want to say that as I read and re-read anfer's post here, it's sounding more and more profound.

This is the longest relationship I've had in years, and I was never that good at them anyway.

Anfer, I'll call you later for a nice gab session.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home