Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Monday, May 02, 2005

The Butterflies, They Tickle My Tummy

The time has finally come.

Friday at about 4:00, my boss came to my desk and asked if I could have lunch with him Tuesday. He said he'd like to discuss how things are going, how I am doing, and talk about a compensation increase. While this is great news and made me feel good coming out of the blue, I also know that I'm leaving town for good in 3 weeks.

I have gone back and forth a million times on submitting a proposal to keep my position and work from home in Phoenix. Last decision was "screw it, they'll say no, I'm just going to quit". I had actually planned on giving my notice next Monday, but this sort of changed my mind back again. So tomorrow we're going for lunch, and I will give him my modest little proposal and try to convince him that he should not let me leave the company. I'd really appreciate it if you could all send good energy my way.

Oh, and I'll blow him if I have to.

6 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Me said...

I am impressed by your resolve to ask for what you really want, and to blow him to get it, if you have to. That merits an "atta girl" and a pat on the back,

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kav said...

A shot in the mouth should guarantee you keep your position....plus you may get a raise (cause you know you'll give him one)

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the trick is to ask him for the raise when he's about to pop. No choice but to say yes to anything then

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Doa SeeN said...

so did you?

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Thanks for all the thoughts and advice, but in the end, no, I didn't blow him.

Just gave him a handy.

Ok I wish.

Ok I don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home