Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Friday, April 22, 2005

Hey You, I Know You

Mad props to whoever can finish my title properly.

This weekend marks the end of the semester for me. I took Psychology 101 this time around, and I now feel qualified to fix all your heads. But as I must adhere to the credo "Physician, heal thyself", I'll talk about me first.

It turns out that I probably have a lack of norepinephrine, and GABA. This would account for my loonytoonyness. I've been taking SAM-e, but after reading this, I think I may stop. I'm not positive if I'm noticing much of a difference anyway. I've been a little less crazy and sad, but that may be due to monthly cycling.

I am a depressive character (if you click no other link in this post, click that one. It's me to a T). I seem to be orally fixated, possibly due to lack of a father attachment. I am surprised to find that I am a defined pessimist, because when things go wrong, I attribute them to forces beyond my control, I expect them to happen again, and I think they reflect my whole life. I do not have an internal locus of control. I do not possess a strong sense of self-efficacy.

The good part about reading all of this, is that I am reading about early development issues, and it's given me some new ways to deal with Robb when he's being difficult, and some new ways for me to deal with myself when he's being difficult. I don't want to raise no crazy!

Then again, who can say what will happen? Eli had a loony childhood, and he's the nicest, most confident, stable person I've ever met. How he puts up with me, I'll never know, but I certainly needed someone like that.

Monday is the last day to turn everything in (and get the 10 extra credit points that I so desperately need). I'm right on the edge between an A and a B, so it'll be nailbiting time until I finish that last test.

I'd ask you all to wish me luck, but as I'm working on my locus of control, I'll just say it's up to me and leave it at that.

6 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Ha... as I was posting this and reading it back over, "Father Figure" by George Michael started playing.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

I say the former. I could look to the future and live my present around that, but I won't enjoy it if I'm not happy. I'd rather learn to be happier now, and let the universe take me where I'm supposed to go in the future.

Now having said that, I'm not sure that issues of the past need "solved", just that one needs to move past them. I think I've spent a lot of time unhappy, telling myself that I needed to find a way to make my present better, when really I need to let go of things that taught me to feel this way.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Christy, I'm not sure, but let's chat about it over this zoloft and paxil cocktail.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Kav said...

to increase your GABA just drink a shit load of alcohol...the acid buildup will cause GABA buildup...either that or exercise rigorously and the lactic acid buildup will lead to GABA formation

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Alex, I could kiss you right now.

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i felt compelled to respond by saying nothing of great meaning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home