Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My Cardboard Ring

Those of you who may watch Sex and the City will know what I'm talking about, but I'll give a quick rundown just in case.

In Season 4 (I believe), Charlotte and Trey were trying to have a baby. They were having a lot of trouble, and taking all sorts of hormones plus getting on every waiting list imaginable for an adoption. They were arguing quite a bit over it and finally in an effort to bring some levity to the situation, Trey brought Charlotte a cardboard cutout of a baby. He tried to explain that it was a joke, to help them lighten up and relax, but she understandably freaked out. She kicked him out, and that was the beginning of their divorce.

Well I have been nagging Eli a bit lately about getting some jooooolry. We're still not getting married, but hey... I want a ring, and we can just be engaged forever. In his attempt to bring levity to our situation, he used his photomanipulation skills to send me this:



(I cut my face out because it was a horrid picture).

Now I'm not nearly as offended as Charlotte was, in fact I think it's pretty funny. It's just that I can't help but see the similarities. The real ring I was wearing is a pearl ring, and I wear it on my middle finger. He moved it and made it a diamond. In an odd turn of events, 2 days after he made that picture, I lost the pearl out of the ring.

Last night we went ahead and had a big argument about Valentine's day. In the end, neither one of us felt like continuing to be upset about it, so we just agreed to disagree and made nice. So I guess we do have our own special Valentine's Day tradition after all: February 14th will be our special day to yell at each other.

4 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

lol... I just came across your blog & laughed so hard about the Charlotte. I love Sex in the City & remember that episode. Great blog!

Take care,
Marianna

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

I also have to ask why, if he made me a fake diamond, why didn't he make me a bigger fake diamond?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kav said...

tis better to be fake cheap than real cheap

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kav said...

its time for a new post...otherwise Joe will have to give you the axe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home