Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Never Mind, I Take it Back

I did go get a new kitty yesterday. He's the same age as Gomez, just as friendly, you can tell he's going to be huge, plus he's got the funniest chirpy meow I ever heard. But I'm not posting today to tell you about Izzy (seriously, does anyone have a better name idea? He's going to be stuck with Izzy pretty soon).

I got him from a local rescue group. It's not huge, but they have about 10 people who run "foster homes" for animals while they look for new owners. They take them all to PetSmart on the weekends for adoptions, and all in all are pretty succesful. This lady knew I was interested in Izzy though, so she left him at home for me, and I went to her house last night.

It was pretty much your typical Arizona ranch-style home, not in the best of neighborhoods but it was still quiet and neat. I walked into her front room, and felt like I had crossed into an alternate reality where cats were our benevolant overlords. Every wall was lined with giant cat trees and cat condos, except for the wall that had little cat-sized staircases mounted, covering literally the whole wall.

Moving on into the back of the house, her kitchen and dining/living room were pretty much the same, with the exception of a couch and a television to suggest that people actually hung out from time to time. The whole house was tiled, with nary an area rug, which only makes sense when you have 10-20 cats at any given time. I didn't count exactly, but I'm going to guess that she had at least 5 water bowls and even more bowls of food covering half of her kitchen floor.

I sat down on her couch, and was swarmed with cats. I was a little scared.

Anyway, Izzy immediately showed himself to be a good and nice cat, and I was happy to take him. But consider my lesson learned. My house is a people house, with various things for happy cats strewn about. It will never, ever become a cat house, with a small pile of blankets in the corner for me to sleep on.

Three cats is plenty.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Chimpotle said...

My grandmother was a cat lady. I remember once waking up on the sofa sleeper at 3AM, being surrounded by 20-30 cats and trying not to piss myself.

In the late stages of her house, you would stick to the carpet due to a combination of cat shit on the floor and the carpet cleaning powder she would pour on top of it.

So my advise for you? Stick with tile.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

I won't get any more; 3 is still a lot of cats. Of course if ever I see another kitten I will want it, so here's hoping nobody offers me any.

I think I'll settle for dressing up the cats I already have and generally being ridiculous about them. If I ever call them "the kids", though, go ahead and punch me smack in the face.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kav said...

i can't wait to crash on couch and have them sit all over me...i know i speak for everyone in thw world when i say we all love cat hair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home