Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Heat, Shmeat

One of the unexpected pitfalls to living somewhere as stupidly hot as Tucson (we're still hitting 100+ every day) is that everybody feels the need to manufacture arctic tempature air indoors. In my office it is currently 69 degrees. Who the hell is comfortable at 69 degrees?

Now I know that I have very thin blood, or something, because I am extremely uncomfortable outside a pretty narrow tempature range. I'm good anywhere from 78-84. I am aware that is a little warm for most people, so I don't expect to be accomodated. But 69? Isn't that cold for anyone? I have on my big fuzzy ugly work sweater, and I am still shivering.

Possible solutions:

Space Heater. I used to work somewhere that was freezing all summer long, so I kept my little space heater under my desk and hoped no one noticed. Interestingly, I never needed it during the winter.

I think I can open up the ceiling tile that's covering the vent in my office and close it. That would be the ideal solution, but looking at it, I'm not sure how to get into it. I will attempt this next time I find myself alone here.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Anna Broadway said...

Actually, it’s very simple. You see, this is how, in early fall, people in Arizona recreate for themselves an experience that would enable/require them to wear those oh-so-impractical but fun wool-sweaters-for-fall they bought at the Nordstrom’s in Scottsdale ... or something like that. :D

PS: Thanks for your comment love over on Sexless, by the way! :) How’d ya find the site, if you don’t mind my asking?

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Ha, very good point! I do have a closet full of sweaters I can't wear, and I considered wearing one this morning. Imagining the odd looks I'd get when out at lunch this afternoon turned me off though!

I was scrolling through the "next blog" thing, and stopped at one called American Blogger. I liked his, and he is linked to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home