Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Thank you Sir, may i have another?

I am getting spanked all over the place today. A couple things that yes, I screwed up on, and a few things that no, I did not. But I've always been of the mind that you shouldn't whine too much and say "but it's not my faaaaauuuuult", rather you should take it like a man. I did explain what happened here on my end, but then just apologized for the mixup and went on my way. But boy do I feel like the day is ruined for me now. I'm not very good at letting things roll off me. The good news is that I'm extremely on top of all my current work, and plan to spend the rest of the day getting ahead of myself. All the issues that came up today were from a couple weeks ago, so at least I look like I have a cleaned up act now.

It's so hard to get a bead on these people. I live in constant fear of being fired, but I don't think that's really a concern here. Nobody's mean (well, a couple women at our other office are outrageous bitches, but whatever), it's just that nobody gives a shit who's here; it's like they have no interest in a pleasant work environment. I know work is work, and social is social, but I have never seen such a "heads down" attitude, and I find it really disconcerting. I think maybe that's because if someone's always indifferent to you, you never know where you stand. I don't know if they adore me but are just too busy, or if they hate me and are watching and recording every screwup. I really like what I do, though, so I guess I'll just stay busy and out of people's sight too.

In nicer news: Shmee is coming down tonight. He has to do an installation here tomorrow, so it's not entirely an "I miss you" visit, but still it's always nice to see him during the week. Of course, that means I had to shave this morning, but that's a small price to pay.

I'll write more happier, squarier things later this afternoon.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Because you're so sad for me?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

mais oui, c'est la vie.

Well, if you're not worried about getting canned that's good. I suppose I should relax and remember that in all the history of jobs, employees have always gotten in trouble, and employers have always been annoyed, but that they rarely just fire you because of the occassional mis-step.

And I suppose we both could get off the damn internet.

Mais non!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

Advancing it in your ass, maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home