Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hilarity Ensues

Sometimes, I want to strangle my kid. But most times, he's a never ending source of comedy. Tonight brought not just one, but two gut-busters.

Misheard Lyrics, Part the Billionth:

I always thought the lyrics were, "Buddy you're a young man, hard man, shouting in the street, gonna take on the world some day. You got blood on your face, you big disgrace, waving your banner all over the place". Well tonight, my special child was running all over the house, stomping and clapping, singing with all his might, "waving your bladder all over the place".


The Mints that Took the World by Storm:

Many Thursday nights we watch a movie and just chill, to celebrate the impending Friday. He wanted some candy, so I rustled up some Junior Mints. While I was getting a few things done before the movie started, he busied himself reading the literature on the box about the history of the mints. He seemed to be pretty impressed with what he'd read, and came in to fill me in. After clearing up what year they'd started making them (1949), what company made them (Tootsie Roll), and other pertinent information, he started theorizing on the significance of them. "I bet they really changed the world. I mean, I bet they just came out of nowhere and made a candy like no one had ever seen before, and really, I'm sure that all candy was never the same again. I mean, who ever thought of chocolate and mint before Junior Mints came along?" And the thing is, he's probably right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home