Noillyprat--Shaken, Not Stirred

And Make it a Dirty One...

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Here We Are, Face to Face

I used to work at a radio station. Well, more correctly I worked at a group of radio stations. Two country stations, one classic rock, one sports talk and one golden oldies. One of the country stations, KIIM was (and still is) huge in this town and very well connected, which meant I got to meet a lot of country stars. Some of my favorites were Blake Shelton (meeeeOOOW!), Emerson Drive (puuurrrrr), Little Big Town, and (are you ready for this) Kenny Rogers. I thought I was going to die. I'm on the fence about country music, but it's what I grew up listening to, so I have a soft spot in my heart for most 80's country. Kenny Rogers was always a favorite when I was little; the story goes that when my grandma picked me up from preschool every day, I wouldn't get in the car unless "Lucille" was playing. I didn't tell him that story, but I really wish I had.

But all this is beside the point. This morning on the way to work I had on
KHYT, the classic rock station that I worked with. Their in-studio guest was Rick Schroder, and I wanted to cry because I quit 2 years ago with no idea of what I'd be missing today. I used to have the biggest crush on him, way back when. I know we're grown up and he's married with babies and I'm mom with boyfriend, but still...

He just made a film called
Black Cloud that is premiering here today. He lives up in Flagstaff, so Arizona is getting the VIP treatment. It won several awards and I do think I'll have to check it out.

Oh Ricky...

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger The Noillyprat Cat said...

I do love Kenny Loggins. Did you know that he met his wife while she was giving him a colonic?

I don't think I could flirt with the person fishing bodily waste out of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home